SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

 
vol.37 issue2Quantification of serum leptin levels in leprosyLeprosy in municipality of Buriticupu, State of Maranhão, Brazil: study of disabilities in individuals in post-discharge author indexsubject indexarticles search
Home Pagealphabetic serial listing  

Hansenologia Internationalis (Online)

Print version ISSN 1982-5161

Abstract

BELUCI, Marli Luiz; BORGATO, Maria Helena  and  GALAN, Noêmi Garcia de Almeida. Evaluation of multidisciplinary courses in leprosy. Hansenol. int. (Online) [online]. 2012, vol.37, n.2, pp. 47-53. ISSN 1982-5161.

This is a descriptive study to check the contribution of leprosy courses offered by a specialized institution, according to the respective working units of participants. For data collection, an online structured questionnaire hosted on the ILSL website was used, which contained questions about activities of the Leprosy Control Program (LCP) and was sent to those who participated in the courses from 2005 to 2007. The courses were predominantly attended by females, nurses, followed by physical therapists and physicians, most of which had been working with LCP for less than six months. Among 115 respondents, 59% started to perform dermato-neurological examination and prevention of disability in their health units and implemented activities related to leprosy diagnosis suspicion and treatment. The remaining respondents (41%) no longer worked in the program because they were relocated to other health facilities. Despite the high turnover of personnel, the courses subsidized the professionals to establish/implement activities in leprosy in their health units, showing the importance of the regular offer of these courses.

Keywords : Leprosy; Health Human Resource Training; Human Resources.

        · abstract in Portuguese     · text in Portuguese     · pdf in Portuguese